Who can you donate to?
You may send support for any of our Partners, On-Trackers, and approved projects or to the General Fund. If you need more information, please contact our Donor Relations staff who will assist you.
We receive financial support for our Partners and credit it to their accounts. We operate a pooled fund, which allows us to pay their allowance, whether or not enough money has come in for them that month. You may also send a personal gift for birthday, Christmas or other reason. Our partners often are involved in different ministry projects, which you may give to specifically.
Financial Support covers expenses such as:
• Living allowances, housing, and taxes
• Medical Reimbursements, Insurance coverage, and professional fees
• Language study fees for partners and schooling for their children
• Ministry expenses, administration and pastoral care
Start Up expenses includes the following:
• Inoculations, Vaccinations, travel papers and initial airfare overseas
• A computer, projector, camera or special equipment needed for ministry in their particular field of service
• One month’s living allowance to assist them in out-going preparations
• Purchase of furniture & fittings and or packers & movers expenses
• Support includes on-going expenses that begin on arrival in the place of service
On-Trackers (Short Term Partners)
An On-Tracker is one who has decided to do a short term of service (one month to one year). Support for On-Trackers provides for food, housing and other living expenses, plus inoculations, travel papers and airfare to the country of service.
Projects consist of a variety of opportunities to meet specific needs of people we serve. All projects are approved and supported by designated gifts.
The General Fund is primarily for the operation of Interserve office. Here, we serve you and our partners by supporting partners in all stages of their service. We also facilitate short termers and support our retirees.
Support for the General Fund provides funds that help cover the main office costs. This includes:
• Processing applications, giving appropriate training, caring for them pastorally
• Processing donations, sending out receipts, taking care of medical bills, doing tax returns, sending them their monthly support
• Sending out Partner newsletters, postage, preparing prayer cards and organizing promotional events.
How do I know my support will go to the right Partner?
Support for Interserve Partners, On Trackers, approved projects, or the General Fund is under the control of Interserve. We honor the donor's choice of designation.
How do I send in support?
Make your cheque payable to ‘Interserve India’ and attach a note listing the Partner or project that you would like to support. When you send in your support, you will receive an official printed receipt.
What do I do if I want to change my support?
Send us a letter or email with the new details. If you would like to add to your support list, add the new name and amount you would like to give in the note. You may send one cheque for all listed.
What kinds of support do New Partners / Partner Designates , who are going out for the first time, need?
New Partners / Partner Designates need to raise Outfitting support. This covers one-time expenses needed before going to their place of service for the first time. They also need to raise pledges for their monthly level of support before leaving for the field. After they leave for the field for the first time, donations go toward support.
If I make a pledge, how do I start giving?
You may start giving at any time. Funds received will be credited toward the support of the one for whom you have made the pledge. You will be sent a reminder to make payments on your pledge. If you ever wish to cancel, notify our donor relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may make changes anytime you wish. Please contact the donor relations to change:
• Your address or phone number
• Partner / Project you wish to support
• Amount of your donation